Genesis GV Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
I bought a GV80 two weeks ago in white, prestige trim. Although I had to wait months to get it delivered and the buying process from the Hyundai dealership was terrible (can’t wait for Genesis to have stand alone dealerships in the NYC area), I absolutely love the car.

The car feels like I’m driving a $100k car vs a $78k car (including tax). All of the features and trim are top notch. The 3.5 engine is rewarding and fun to drive (esp in sport mode), the navigation and climate controls are intuitive and high tech. I make excuses to run errands and drive this car - it really is such a luxurious car.

I often times get stopped at lights or in the parking lots with people asking questions about the GV80 and complimenting how it looks - literally all of the time.
The sound system rocks and the 22” wheels make this car look amazing. The interior ambient lights are a nice touch, and the quality of the controls and finish are truly top notch

I don’t really have many issues at this point but if forced, I’d say the number of beeps and notifications were a bit much - but you can change the set up which resolved this for the most part.
The lack of spare tire is surprising and the fact that it didn’t come standard with wheel locks are annoying.
I wish they had a rear entertainment option for kids.
I really think that the buying experience needs to improve with more genesis dealers and not having to go through Hyundai dealerships and salespeople - they are not trained appropriately and didn’t know any of the genesis specific information or services provided - really disappointing spending this much money and the process was very unprofessional (literally had to go to the dealership 3 times to finalize purchase since they kept on forgetting a process or wasn’t aware of financing specifics etc.)

overall I am happy with the car, ride and quality. I’m looking forward to more accessories being available as well. Highly recommend.
I have my GV80 3.5 Prestige for about 6 months and I would agree with you ìn every aspect except one. Genesis service is below any acceptable level. After about 4 months driving a pop up message arrives everyrime CHECK LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL. First time they took my car for a day but couldn't find a problem. Second time they said i need àn appointment and I got one ìn two weeks at 8 àm. When I arrived a manager said that it may take a week or so to fix it, but has not offered a loaner. So, I visired service THREE times but problem is still here. Before I had MB and LX and never had any problems with service.

· Registered
4 Posts
How are you finding the lane keeping integrity option? The first time I set the cruise control with the lane maintaining feature set on, the GV80 about killed me trying to shift lanes back and forth trying to follow the white lines in a construction area. Do yourself a favor... turn the **** thing off.

· Registered
4 Posts
I have my GV80 3.5 Prestige for about 6 months and I would agree with you ìn every aspect except one. Genesis service is below any acceptable level. After about 4 months driving a pop up message arrives everyrime CHECK LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL. First time they took my car for a day but couldn't find a problem. Second time they said i need àn appointment and I got one ìn two weeks at 8 àm. When I arrived a manager said that it may take a week or so to fix it, but has not offered a loaner. So, I visired service THREE times but problem is still here. Before I had MB and LX and never had any problems with service.
I was told by my local Hyundai dealer where I bought my used 2021 GV80 that Genesis is requiring its own building on a Car Dealership lot separate from The Hyundai building. This Hyundai dealership was a Genesis dealer selling five GV80's per month. The dealership told Genesis to go pound sand.

· Registered
12 Posts
I was told by my local Hyundai dealer where I bought my used 2021 GV80 that Genesis is requiring its own building on a Car Dealership lot separate from The Hyundai building. This Hyundai dealership was a Genesis dealer selling five GV80's per month. The dealership told Genesis to go pound sand.
Interesting,
You can't sell cars if Genesis isn't shipping them to you, it's my understanding that dealers who opt in and build a dealership they get cars to sell, in this case the dealer we bought from is going to build a fancy new dealership here in NH, they had 20+ Genesis cars of different sorts, the other dealer we went to who had a few cars is NOT, we obvioulsy bought at the dealer who had cars and soon a fancy new dealerhsip to take our car to.
As for fist impresssions, this is her car and I would have preferred a X5 of some sort, she said no they are a dime a dozen here and in truth they are. The GV80 is a beautiful car, there is little not to like, other than like the stupid rotary dial to shift what a stupid a--ed idea I find my self being the chaffeur grabbing the wrong dial or worse yet putting it in reverse thinking I'm in park, a truly dumb idea, secondly who would have thought putting a licence plate in the middle of your grill on a fancy ride is another great idea, she's pretty PO'd about it, the drivers seat what is up with that I feel like I'm sitting on a pile of rocks, I know from my F350 the massaging seats can be irritating but the GV80's appear much worse, I try and run the massager to move the mechanical parts so they might be on the low end, helps marginally, if your technology challenged the on board techno goodies can be a process to figure out, in my case I'm good, for those who aren't have the sales person walk you through the many options the system has onboard, which is many, happily they all appear to work.
For now that's my assessment, if your thinking about buying this is a really nice car, it's not a BMW so forget the salom course this is a beautiful cruiser, quiet, comfy barring the massaging seat, sweet sound system, with a stupid shifter.

· Registered
12 Posts
How are you finding the lane keeping integrity option? The first time I set the cruise control with the lane maintaining feature set on, the GV80 about killed me trying to shift lanes back and forth trying to follow the white lines in a construction area. Do yourself a favor... turn the **** thing off.
FYI, this is NOT a Genesis only issue, any car we've owned with this feature does pretty much the same thing, in my case I turn the **** off.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts