Genesis GV Forums banner

New Gv80 owner from Alberta

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Kevsim 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,just wanted to introduce myself, I just purchased a silver with vanilla beige interior , prestige. Can’t wait for it to get here, it’s sitting in Vancouver, dealer said it would take 2 weeks to make it to Edmonton. Now the painful wai5 begins.

I want the gv70 cause I like sportier rides, but I’mgoing to give th gv80 a good try any maybe it will surprise me. I have 2 kids as well so the extra row will come in handy for car pooling.

I was going back between the gv80 and the GLC AMG 43 , I really like the 43 performance but I’m a techy, and the gv80 has the most of car I researched(other than the Tesla’s of course)

so that’s my story..oh and anyone have the vanilla interior and if so, how is it holding up? I’m worried a little about it with kids 🥲

#4 ·
Congratulations on the GV80. I also purchased from Genesis Edmonton.
By digital key, if you mean the NFC (credit card size) key, then I recently asked Stephanie and was told that the Canadian Cars do not support it. Another disappointing difference between the US and Canadian Cars. I certainly dont fault Genesis Edmonton but I think Genesis Canada dropped the ball on a few features available else where but not in Canada.

#9 ·
Congratulations! Yes I know the waiting seems like an eternity. I ordered mine the beginning of August and received it last week in December. Like you I ordered the Prestige Package with the 3.5TT. I absolutely love it! We have the beige/black interior but my wife and I don't have kids so it's staying super clean.
Best of luck and safe travels with your GV80!

#10 ·
Kevism I have owned my gold coast silver Prestige gv80, Beige/Black interior, for 2 months now and put 2200 mile on it. Driven through some snow storms in about 8 inches of blizzard like conditions and on some pretty rough roads in Michigan. We also own a ML 350 Mercedes and a BMW 750ix . the GV 80 both exterior and interior is exactly what sold me over the GLE 45 ( and i saved about $20K). The vehicle is nearly flawless across all comparable traits. The interior has had 0 issues with staining ( i did get the upholstery protection from zeibart) You need not be concerned with as it relates to the color of the leather. The vehicle has a rather stiff sporty ride similar to the X5. It handles surprisingly well .
Has plently of pick up . But its not a car that is going to run against a sports car or big V8. The autonomous driving is especially good. I wasn't prepared for that. It will not take you from Point a to point B with out your interaction like a telsa BUT for highway driving it is really good. I love this vehicle!

Only improvements I can see is
1 softer ride(maybe the 22 inch tires) its not harsh... just stiff
2 Larger gas tank , Averaging about 350 miles getting about 17 G per mile

Hope this helps !

#11 ·
Kevism I have owned my gold coast silver Prestige gv80, Beige/Black interior, for 2 months now and put 2200 mile on it. Driven through some snow storms in about 8 inches of blizzard like conditions and on some pretty rough roads in Michigan. We also own a ML 350 Mercedes and a BMW 750ix . the GV 80 both exterior and interior is exactly what sold me over the GLE 45 ( and i saved about $20K). The vehicle is nearly flawless across all comparable traits. The interior has had 0 issues with staining ( i did get the upholstery protection from zeibart) You need not be concerned with as it relates to the color of the leather. The vehicle has a rather stiff sporty ride similar to the X5. It handles surprisingly well .
Has plently of pick up . But its not a car that is going to run against a sports car or big V8. The autonomous driving is especially good. I wasn't prepared for that. It will not take you from Point a to point B with out your interaction like a telsa BUT for highway driving it is really good. I love this vehicle!

Only improvements I can see is
1 softer ride(maybe the 22 inch tires) its not harsh... just stiff
2 Larger gas tank , Averaging about 350 miles getting about 17 G per mile

Hope this helps !
I agree, it's probably the 22" wheels that make the ride a little stiffer. It's a compromise that you have to accept in exchange for the awesome looks of the 22" wheels. They really add a special touch to what is already a head turning vehicle.
The 3.5TT is definitely fast but I would have gone with a V8 option had there been one.
I agree the gas tank could have been a few gallons larger but not a big deal. Overall it's one **** of a vehicle, glad I purchased it.

#12 ·
Thanks for replies and the reassurance. I agree the styling and interior of the gv80 eventually beat out the performance of the glc.
I love the tech it comes with too.! I don’t think there is a better highway self driving system in a gas vehicle..

thanks guys ! I’ll go back to staring at the calendar waithing for my deliveryday😂

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.