Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm struggling to understand & make the salesman understand what I want. I'm buying this car just because I really fell in love with the interior design. What we are looking for in the GV80 is this:

But it looks like this 2-tone interior comes only with 3.5AWD Prestige package. Can someone please help me understand:
1. is this the only trim this comes in?
2. can we expect the GV70 burgundy interior some time soon?
3. I'm in CA & every dealer has at least 5-10k markup on these. What is the going price for the 2021 GV80 3.5 AWD Prestige?
4. do you guys have a thread where you are sharing your delivery timelines?
5. can we buy from another state dealer and get it registered in CA or is there some sort of restriction?
6. I'm thinking of either the GV80 or GV70 (I really love the burgundy interior & I'm imagining a white exterior). What's the sweetspot trim in terms of features and price?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm struggling to understand & make the salesman understand what I want. I'm buying this car just because I really fell in love with the interior design. What we are looking for in the GV80 is this:
View attachment 1981

But it looks like this 2-tone interior comes only with 3.5AWD Prestige package. Can someone please help me understand:
1. is this the only trim this comes in?
2. can we expect the GV70 burgundy interior some time soon?
3. I'm in CA & every dealer has at least 5-10k markup on these. What is the going price for the 2021 GV80 3.5 AWD Prestige?
4. do you guys have a thread where you are sharing your delivery timelines?
5. can we buy from another state dealer and get it registered in CA or is there some sort of restriction?
6. I'm thinking of either the GV80 or GV70 (I really love the burgundy interior & I'm imagining a white exterior). What's the sweetspot trim in terms of features and price?
Welcome to the forum @torrentkid. Let me try to answer as many of these questions as best I can.

1. I believe that interior is only available on the Prestige. I don't see it available on other trims in the Genesis configurator.

2. My guess is that the burgundy interior is only going to be an option for the GV70 for now. But who knows that could change.

3. It's going to be tricky trying to find a prestige that isn't marked up.

4. Here are a couple of threads about delivery times or people talking about delivery.

5. I'm not from California but this should help you out. The short answer is yes but it must meet smog requirements.

6. That's kind of dependant on what you're looking for. The GV80 and GV70 meet two different needs. If you want something that more roomy, comfy and made for cruising then the GV80 would be more for you. If you want something that's more sporty and don't mind the smaller space then the GV70 is more your alley.

·
Registered
47 Posts
To add:

1. Yes. While the 2.5 Prestige is similar, it’s not 100% the same (different steering wheel color, etc).

2. I doubt that color will appear on the 2022 GV80, but who knows.

3. The 2021 GV80 run is ending soon. If you find one that exactly matches your needs, you will probably get no better a deal than MSRP (3.5 T Prestige are very rare…hence, the markup)

4. Delivery times are all over the place. If you don’t have a 2021 on order, it’s too late to order one. As the details on the 2022 have yet to materialized, placing an order is a challenge since no one knows what interior and exterior color combinations exist.

5 & 6. Buy one from out of state. NEVER pay over MSRP. Plenty of places to buy at MSRP or below…it’s a global market. Many places will ship to you free or at a low cost (under $500). Better yet, make a mini trip out of it. Travel to someplace nice and see the sites. Spend a couple days with your new vehicle around the area, then drive it home. California doesn’t have any special restrictions preventing you from buying out of state.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To add:

1. Yes. While the 2.5 Prestige is similar, it’s not 100% the same (different steering wheel color, etc).

2. I doubt that color will appear on the 2022 GV80, but who knows.

3. The 2021 GV80 run is ending soon. If you find one that exactly matches your needs, you will probably get no better a deal than MSRP (3.5 T Prestige are very rare…hence, the markup)

4. Delivery times are all over the place. If you don’t have a 2021 on order, it’s too late to order one. As the details on the 2022 have yet to materialized, placing an order is a challenge since no one knows what interior and exterior color combinations exist.

5 & 6. Buy one from out of state. NEVER pay over MSRP. Plenty of places to buy at MSRP or below…it’s a global market. Many places will ship to you free or at a low cost (under $500). Better yet, make a mini trip out of it. Travel to someplace nice and see the sites. Spend a couple days with your new vehicle around the area, then drive it home. California doesn’t have any special restrictions preventing you from buying out of state.
Thank you vert much. That helps. Is there a central website or something where I can key in my specs and it shows me where the car is available?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thank you vert much. That helps. Is there a central website or something where I can key in my specs and it shows me where the car is available?
The Genesis website is limited to a small radius around a zip code. I prefer using sites/apps like Cars.com and Cargurus. Much better search filters and allows you to search nationwide.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Genesis website is limited to a small radius around a zip code. I prefer using sites/apps like Cars.com and Cargurus. Much better search filters and allows you to search nationwide.
Oh, I didn't know you could do that for new cars as well. Looking at those sites once again now. What do you guys think of using some car concierge services? Every tried any of those? Also truecar?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Oh, I didn't know you could do that for new cars as well. Looking at those sites once again now. What do you guys think of using some car concierge services? Every tried any of those? Also truecar?
I haven’t found those car concierge services to be very useful for new cars.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just wanted to post an update. @Kurt67 and @Amnlupiano have been very helpful. I had to switch to the GV70 due to some color choices. I got the 3.5 AWD Prestige (CA) with Matterhorn White Matte/Sevilla Red from a dealer out of state (WA).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Finding a GV80 just as you like it can be difficult. I got lucky in Massachusetts just by continually searching the four local dealer sites.
Found 3.5 Prestige, green with light interior. Only the top trim level comes with the cushion look interior, which is what I had to have.
For reference, fully loaded GV80, 3.5 Prestige in MA was $72,375. No deals to be had, but at least there was no markup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts