Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3.5 Prestige with about 3.5k miles. I absolutely love the car, how it drives and the luxury of the interior, basically everything…except the MPG.
I’ve always had the worst MPG in both eco and comfort modes - around 12/13 MPG. I knew I wasn’t getting great mpg since virtually all of my driving is around New York City - mpg efficiency has never bothered me or was a consideration when buying cars.

For the first time since I got the car, I had a long road trip where it was all highways - and was pleasantly surprised that I was getting around 23 MPG.
Moral of the story is that I thought the listed MPG for the GV80 was just inaccurate - but confirmed that the terrible mpg was really a function of NYC. In other words, they should have a separate mpg rating for NYC ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 3.5 Prestige with about 3.5k miles. I absolutely love the car, how it drives and the luxury of the interior, basically everything…except the MPG.
I’ve always had the worst MPG in both eco and comfort modes - around 12/13 MPG. I knew I wasn’t getting great mpg since virtually all of my driving is around New York City - mpg efficiency has never bothered me or was a consideration when buying cars.

For the first time since I got the car, I had a long road trip where it was all highways - and was pleasantly surprised that I was getting around 23 MPG.
Moral of the story is that I thought the listed MPG for the GV80 was just inaccurate - but confirmed that the terrible mpg was really a function of NYC. In other words, they should have a separate mpg rating for NYC ;)
Hi, I just made a trip to the National Park mostly on highway and got 25 MPG during 400 miles trip mostly on a highway. I have 3.5 Prestige as well

·
Registered
5 Posts

I also have the 3.5 Prestige, and loved the vehicle but was a little disappointed with the MPG. I live in a hilly area of Georgia and I averaged 13-15. I just completed an 1100 mile road trip to our summer home on Cape Cod. My average was 23.4 MPG. Couldn't be happier. The car was load to the brim with everything we need to bring and two passengers plus two dogs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts