Genesis GV Forums banner

Official Welcome Thread

22K views 222 replies 32 participants last post by  Admin 
#1 ·
Welcome to GV Forums, the leading site for GV80 forum discussion!

This thread is for any first-time posters to introduce themselves and give a small description of who they are, as well as any further details they wish to include. We would also like to remind everyone to fill out their profile by uploading an avatar and to fill out the signature section.By doing this, our goal is to help establish a greater sense of community among Genesis owners and enthusiasts. Alternatively, you can create your own dedicated introduction thread as many have done already!

Joining us over the past couple of weeks:

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks, I'm glad I found the site. I am located in Phoenix.

I'm looking forward to seeing a GV80 in person -- none in my area yet. For our family, we are likely going to choose between the GV80 or spending less on a Kia Telluride or Hyundai Palisade. I need to spend some time in a GV80 to know for sure if we are getting one. Everything I have read about the GV80 has been very encouraging, so I think it's likely we will spend more and buy the GV80.

#3 ·
#6 ·
#9 ·
Karen in Georgia, I have a friend that has a G70 and I feel in love with it when I drove it but I am an SUV girl. This was about 4 years ago and last year I decided to buy a Telluride, my first Kia. It’s loaded with the prestige package, since a few months after that I find out Genesis is finally making an SUV go figure! Now I’m thinking about trading once they make it here.

#11 ·
Welcome @GAGirl!
Have you started to look into what trade-in value is like on the Telluride?
What GV80 spec are you after?
I haven’t decided if I’m going to purchase yet. I want to drive the 2.5T and the 3.5T first. I will probably decide then. The color that captured my attention is the Gold Coast Silver with interior the vanilla with urban bean. I just received a brochure in the mail from Macon Ga Genesis so I’m thrilled to look at it.

#13 ·
I haven’t decided to make the switch yet. I have to see it in person and drive it before I can decide. I’m not sold on the quilted leather at the moment so it is something I need to touch and feel before I can say I like it or not. Did you order yours?

#26 ·
Howdy. I bought a Kia Stinger GT AWD back in 2018. Yellow is my favorite color, local dealership had 1 of 400 Sunset Yellow Stingers in the country. Only released in the Stingers first year. Amazing car for the price. Got me into doing mods and working on cars. Korean vehicles have been absolutely kicking ass in terms of overall value the past few years. Moved across the country from a very rural town in east TN, to a small city in Central Oregon. The driveway at our new home makes getting the Stinger out quite the chore, it's very steep and I have to be very careful not to scrape. Due to my work, I'm gone a lot, only have 8500 miles on the Stinger that I purchased 4/20/2018. The GV70 Sport has me very excited, and will fix my issues with the driveway, as it sits a little higher than my Stinger in a stock configuration - it has a 1.5" drop on it, so will be an even more dramatic change. The Stinger gave me that little taste of luxury and a great taste of performance. I'm hoping to move into something more luxurious, with that bit of performance, for a great value, that isn't a European vehicle. I'm kind of a reverse badge snob, don't want to be seen in a Audi, BMW, Mercedes...etc. Incredibly excited for the GV70 Sport!

#30 ·
#38 ·
#40 ·
Hello from Texas. Put a GV80 3.5 AWD Prestige on order for my wife at Huffines in Plano , Tx. on 2-9-21. Probably another 3 to 4 months before it comes in and anxious to get it. Beautiful vehicle with great reviews. So tired of all the BMW, Audi, Mercedes (though all good vehicles). This is just great looking.

#42 ·
Hello all. In the "research" phase for my next vehicle. Currently driving a 2019 Audi SQ5 (2nd year of a 3 year lease), and the GV80 (3.5 AWD Prestige) is at the top of my list as a replacement. Reading these are extremely popular, so by starting early I may actually have some say in the specifics of the car I ultimately get... :)
Welcome to the forum guys!

@cruiseUSA which color combination did you and your wife decide on?

@Apollo69 How has the SQ5 been for you and would you lease the GV80 as well?