Genesis GV Forums banner
41 - 60 of 223 Posts
Hello all. In the "research" phase for my next vehicle. Currently driving a 2019 Audi SQ5 (2nd year of a 3 year lease), and the GV80 (3.5 AWD Prestige) is at the top of my list as a replacement. Reading these are extremely popular, so by starting early I may actually have some say in the specifics of the car I ultimately get... :)

Hello from Texas. Put a GV80 3.5 AWD Prestige on order for my wife at Huffines in Plano , Tx. on 2-9-21. Probably another 3 to 4 months before it comes in and anxious to get it. Beautiful vehicle with great reviews. So tired of all the BMW, Audi, Mercedes (though all good vehicles). This is just great looking.
Hello all. In the "research" phase for my next vehicle. Currently driving a 2019 Audi SQ5 (2nd year of a 3 year lease), and the GV80 (3.5 AWD Prestige) is at the top of my list as a replacement. Reading these are extremely popular, so by starting early I may actually have some say in the specifics of the car I ultimately get... :)
Welcome to the forum guys!

@cruiseUSA which color combination did you and your wife decide on?

@Apollo69 How has the SQ5 been for you and would you lease the GV80 as well?

Welcome to the forum guys!

@cruiseUSA which color combination did you and your wife decide on?

@Apollo69 How has the SQ5 been for you and would you lease the GV80 as well?
I’ve really enjoyed the SQ5. Nice blend of Sport/refinement. Very high-quality in and out and reliable to date. My initial thought was to re-up with another SQ5, but the GV80 hits the sweet spot on my wish list, with a little more room and a little more luxury. I also prefer the appearance/style of the Genesis. The technology stuffed into the GV80 appears to be a bit more impressive than the Audi.

My preference would be to lease (3/36). I don’t know how the residual values are on Genesis cars or what the interest rates will be when it comes time to pull the trigger.

I’ve really enjoyed the SQ5. Nice blend of Sport/refinement. Very high-quality in and out and reliable to date. My initial thought was to re-up with another SQ5, but the GV80 hits the sweet spot on my wish list, with a little more room and a little more luxury. I also prefer the appearance/style of the Genesis. The technology stuffed into the GV80 appears to be a bit more impressive than the Audi.

My preference would be to lease (3/36). I don’t know how the residual values are on Genesis cars or what the interest rates will be when it comes time to pull the trigger.
This might help you get an idea about lease rates.

Congratulations on your new GV80 @MarisaMcDee! Welcome to the forum. Which trim level did you go with?
Prestige with black interior. We were hoping for a black with beige & black interior, and had put one on order. But our local dealer received this one last weekend and we decided to take it for a test drive and couldn’t leave without it. 🤣 As a sports mom, I think the black interior will be better in the long run, and the light colored roof still makes it feel open and airy. We were surprised it wasn’t sold before we got there.

Prestige with black interior. We were hoping for a black with beige & black interior, and had put one on order. But our local dealer received this one last weekend and we decided to take it for a test drive and couldn’t leave without it. 🤣 As a sports mom, I think the black interior will be better in the long run, and the light colored roof still makes it feel open and airy. We were surprised it wasn’t sold before we got there.
It's funny how those test drives work sometimes haha. You can never go wrong with a black interior in my opinion. How has the GV80 been since taking it home?

North in Western WA here, took delivery of GV80 Advanced on April 21st, Traded in our Porsche Macan S. While the P car drove great, it was a bit cramped, and maintenance costs are eye watering. Wanted something more practical, but with some ability to get out of its own way, the GV certainly fit the bill. So far have not looked back. Have yet to see another GV except on the dealers lot.

Reactions: GenesisFan
Welcome @Orzel!

How else did you spec your GV80?

Would be great to see pictures of it in whichever of these color threads it belongs in!
Did you consider other vehicles before finally deciding to go with the GV80?
Considered an Audi, Infiniti, and after reading the reviews, and driving a GV, the choice was simple. Will post photo in appropriate thread.

Purchased on April 26, 2021; GV80 3.5TT Prestige, Saville Silver, Beige with Taupe

Fabulous vehicle and great buying experience. Will be a Genesis purchaser in the future (again). Wife and I absolutely love this car!

Purchased on April 26, 2021; GV80 3.5TT Prestige, Saville Silver, Beige with Taupe

Fabulous vehicle and great buying experience. Will be a Genesis purchaser in the future (again). Wife and I absolutely love this car!
Congratulations @hamta! What were some of the GV80's features that sold you and your wife on it? Do you have any photos you can share?

41 - 60 of 223 Posts