Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to place a bona fide order for a 2.5L model with deposit anywhere in the USA yet? Concierge and/or dealer "interest" doesn't count. I mean a real order with a delivery date. TIA. 馃嚭馃嚥

Registered
Has anyone been able to place a bona fide order for a 2.5L model with deposit anywhere in the USA yet? Concierge and/or dealer "interest" doesn't count. I mean a real order with a delivery date. TIA. 馃嚭馃嚥
My dealer put in an order for me today. Really no idea when to expect it. Could be a year, could be a month. I think like most other cars you just get put on a wait list until the model you want is available and no one else has a request put in before you. I don't think you can actually order anything, just reserve.

Registered
My dealer put in an order for me today. Really no idea when to expect it. Could be a year, could be a month. I think like most other cars you just get put on a wait list until the model you want is available and no one else has a request put in before you. I don't think you can actually order anything, just reserve.
Question - are all the features and options the exact same on the 2.5T and 3.5T Sport Prestige package. I know the seat covering is slightly different. Thx!

Registered
Question - are all the features and options the exact same on the 2.5T and 3.5T Sport Prestige package. I know the seat covering is slightly different. Thx!
I can't answer that, but I'm sure you can find out on the Genesis website.

Registered
[/QUOTE

There are differences between the two for sure. Currently, and I hope this changes, the 2.5T doesn鈥檛 get the HUD (available on RDX and Q5 at the same price point) or the 3D digital cluster (I can live without). And yes, the seating surfaces are different. Also, no suede headliner. Didn鈥檛 know I wanted that until I test drove the 3.5T Sport Prestige.

Registered
I can't answer that, but I'm sure you can find out on the Genesis website.
Normally I'd agree, but the Genesis site is so lacking in details (and hard to navigate) I'm not sure it's safe to assume. That said, I found information hidden on www.genesis.com/worldwide/en/main.html (Worldwide) that I couldn't find on genesis.com/ca/en (genesis.ca) or genesis.com/us/en so don't overlook that. Only problem is that it doesn't have the specific models/trim levels that I need, for example we don't have a "2.5 gas turbo sport package" which is the only choice other than "2.5 gas turbo" for seeing the specs. But it's better than nothing, and .ca isn't much better than nothing if you want details. Not unique to Genesis, VW.ca has no detailed specs either.

Registered
My dealer told me 3 months to order one in the Los Angeles area. I test drove a base 2.5T yesterday. They had two four cylinders in stock and a whopping 27 V6 GV70鈥檚. I drove both the 2.5T and 3.5TT and thought the 2.5T felt torquier around town than the V6.

Registered
They had two four cylinders in stock and a whopping 27 V6 GV70鈥檚.
Did they offer any incentive to take one from stock? Not a 2.5 presumably but a 3.5? AFAIK there are no 2.5 up here, not even to drive, and I wasn't thrilled by the 3.5's feel on a bumpy road (maybe that's the 40R21 tires) nor the fuel consumption. Though I suppose a couple of grand off the 3.5 would help pay for the extra gas. :)

Registered
Did they offer any incentive to take one from stock? Not a 2.5 presumably but a 3.5? AFAIK there are no 2.5
I drove a base 2.5T in red. They said that they could make me a deal on it but I doubt it would be much more than maybe $1k off if I financed at 1.9% which I think anyone can get. I鈥檓 only interested in a few colors and red isn鈥榯 one of them. Truecar is showing GV70鈥檚 going at MSRP in my area which I believe. I can鈥檛 justify spending $11k more on the V6 after driving both.

I drove a V6 with 21鈥檚 and the base 4 cylinder with 18鈥檚. The ride quality was significantly better on the 18鈥檚 on bumpy roads. I鈥檓 planning to get the 19鈥檚 on the Advanced trim. The tires are still pretty beefy 55 aspect ratio on the 19鈥檚.

Registered
Thanks for the comments on 2.5 vs 3.5. The 2.5 is in the same kind of power category as the 260HP Turbo Outback (14.6HP/100kg), or my old Turbo Forester at 14.4HP/100kg, for that matter. My non-Turbo Outback is good enough, and a new one would be fine with 182HP (10.9HP/100kg). I just want more. But 300HP in the 2.5T (15.9HP/100kg) feels like enough to me, and the 3.5's 375HP (18.6HP/100kg) is overkill.

I realize my attitude toward the 3.5 is probably what most people would say about the cars I do want. I own that. :)

BTW the "HP/100kg" is just something I made up when I started capturing specs in a spreadsheet, to get a sense of how responsive a vehicle would be. It's not necessarily meaningful in terms of nimbleness, handling, etc., as my 2004 Forester XT would have that all over a 2022 Outback XT, even with slightly less HP (of course I'm using the number from before I applied a Cobb Accessport to it :).

Hoping I can get into a 2.5T GV70 soon, and I'll probably put my name down on one. Not sure about trim or colours, I like the sound of the Prestige (don't know the US equivalent, top of the 2.5s). But I wish I could get some of the advanced features in a lower trim. Which trim and colour did you prefer?

Thanks again.

Registered
Top trim in the US is Sport Prestige but that comes with 21鈥 wheels and I鈥檇 prefer the 19鈥檚 for better ride quality. I鈥檓 a bit bummed you have to get Sport Prestige (top trim) in the 2.5T to get Highway Assist II which does the auto lane changes on the highway. Top three colors for me are barossa burgundy, himalayan gray or saville silver.

Registered
Thanks for that. I guess they're following Hyundai brand's lead of mixing the options between the 2 countries. At least they don't reuse the names for different levels the way Subaru does sometimes. :( They call them trim levels here, and in the case of Genesis, they seem to correspond to packages in US.

We have 4 trim levels of 2.5T: Select, Advanced, Advanced Plus, Prestige, and 2 of 3.5T: Sport, Sport Plus. As with (say) the Hyundai Tucson, almost no (or no) options within a trim level.

Sometimes stuff is pushed down a level vs US though, e.g. only the Select has leatherette seating, everything else has some kind of leather. And that Highway Assist II is on everything, right from the Select. Only 19" on 2.5T (except 18" on Select), only 21" on 3.5T, though I guess one could splurge and just buy 21" aftermarket.

The list of 6 trim levels is here if anyone's interested: Login - Genesis at Home (you might have to give a postal code, you can use M5W 1E6 for example).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts