Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ya’ll, I’m currently a Palisade Calligraphy owner and looking to upgrade this coming summer to a GV80, maybe a GV70 so I decided to watch this forum for a while. I have one question to start out with, what is the fuel requirements for the 3,5 twin turbo? Is premium fuel recommended or required? And has anyone ever checked what the difference is in performance between the two… Glad to meet you all…

·
Registered
2021 Genesis GV80 3.5T AWD Advanced Plus
86 Posts
Premium is recommended; as was my '11 Lincoln with 3.5 TT EcoBoost. I went 96,000 miles with the Lincoln, and now 3,000 with the 3.5 TT GV80 using 87 octane with no problems with either!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Premium is recommended; as was my '11 Lincoln with 3.5 TT EcoBoost. I went 96,000 miles with the Lincoln, and now 3,000 with the 3.5 TT GV80 using 87 octane with no problems with either!
GOOD TO KNOW, I also have a 2015 F150 with the 3.5 twin turbo and have been using 87 octane since it was new but then again it doesn’t suggest using anything higher. I thought maybe it was tuned different, but thanks for the response, using premium fuel all the time could be a deal breaker for me….

[/QUOTE

·
Registered
4 Posts
the gv70 prestige 2.5 takes regular gas. About 300 HP. Unless you are looking for a towing vehicle I don't can't think of any advantage for the bigger engine, jmho

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi ya’ll, I’m currently a Palisade Calligraphy owner and looking to upgrade this coming summer to a GV80, maybe a GV70 so I decided to watch this forum for a while. I have one question to start out with, what is the fuel requirements for the 3,5 twin turbo? Is premium fuel recommended or required? And has anyone ever checked what the difference is in performance between the two… Glad to meet you all…
This past July we traded my wife's 2020 Palisade Limited for a GV70. There was not a lot of selection, so we
We traded my wife's 2020 Palisade Limited for a GV 70 in July of 2021. There was not much of a selection available , so we ended up with a 2.5 Sport Prestige. We like the Genesis much more than the Palisade. While the Palisade was a nice car for its class, the GV70 is much more of a drivers car. We have been using premium in it, but it is not required. I have a 2015 Genesis 5.0 that recommends premium, but the owners manual shows that the engine performance using regular is derated to about 400 HP as opposed 420HP on premium. The car still turns the rear tires into air pollution with regular gas.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Running less than the recommended 93 premium just results in the engine reduction of timing to prevent ping/ knock, along with reducing horsepower. . I’m driving the GV80 Prestige, and absolutely love it/ the 375Hp it gets is fantastic, and the car is so much fun to drive. I came out of an Infiniti FX35, this GV80 beats it hands down.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi, my dealer, and also the manual say that the mid-range fuel is fine. You don’t need premium. They just recommend that you pick one and stick with it. Don’t alternate.

·
Registered
2021 GV80 3.5
2 Posts
I got my gv80 in August and have to say it’s the best suv we have ever owned. Anyway, dealer said they recommend premium but 87 is fine also. So every couple months I put a tank of premium shell thru it to clean it out, so to speak. But no problems with 87.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WOW, so much response and it’s great. No better place to get good quality info than from current owners.. THANK YOU all for your responses, this really helps…

1 - 12 of 12 Posts