Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GV70 3.5T
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of Mauna Red GV70 with blue interior on Vancouver Island June 21. Wondered about other owners' feelings on this "profile" concept. This idea of a specific setting for each driver is not new but is becoming more complex. I'm still learning about the car but my frustration has to do with navigation data etc. These are not shared & there is no option to share data between profiles. This is my wife's car but on occasion we are driving together and end up wanting to change profiles on the trip. Saved places, favourites, programmed destinations etc. are unique. If the profile is changed, say after a rest break the programed destination is lost. It appears the only way to share information between profiles is to transfer via USB from one profile to another? Simple things like DST and time settings, unique to a profile, also means that at least 2x2 a year you must change DST settings. Thanks Wayne V

·
Registered
368 Posts
Took delivery of Mauna Red GV70 with blue interior on Vancouver Island June 21. Wondered about other owners' feelings on this "profile" concept. This idea of a specific setting for each driver is not new but is becoming more complex. I'm still learning about the car but my frustration has to do with navigation data etc. These are not shared & there is no option to share data between profiles. This is my wife's car but on occasion we are driving together and end up wanting to change profiles on the trip. Saved places, favourites, programmed destinations etc. are unique. If the profile is changed, say after a rest break the programed destination is lost. It appears the only way to share information between profiles is to transfer via USB from one profile to another? Simple things like DST and time settings, unique to a profile, also means that at least 2x2 a year you must change DST settings. Thanks Wayne V
Welcome to the forum @Wayne V! You're right about not being able to transfer navigation information when switching between profiles. I've never tried doing that with a USB but I guess that would be your best shot. But wouldn't it be easier to manually save some of those destinations into both profiles for when you switch?

·
Registered
2022 GV70 3.5T
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum @Wayne V! You're right about not being able to transfer navigation information when switching between profiles. I've never tried doing that with a USB but I guess that would be your best shot. But wouldn't it be easier to manually save some of those destinations into both profiles for when you switch?
Thanks for replying Tronno; The USB import/export isn't hard but it is ineffective on a on going basis. I did it from my G80 to the new GV70 but the data was imported into only one of the GV70 profiles. I then had to import it to the other profile. That's a starting point but that means that data entered into one profile is not shared with the other. Picture on a trip with a number of data points programmed in as destinations, waypoints etc., then changing drivers and losing all that information and having to start over part way through the trip, maybe a number of times. Never mind losing the initial trip data for time, distance etc. maybe for business purposes. I'd say this needs to be corrected and there needs to be a way to optionally share certain types of information between profiles.

Also, this finger print idea seems to be redundant at best, at least here in Canada. No car pay, no staring car without digital key etc. The finger print recognition stopped working with my wife and we needed to delete and start over with all settings. As I see it, using the "profile image" that you uniquely program is no different than the "finger print" and I think provides the same programming features most of which are under specific "vehicle settings". My experience is that both also uniquely remember seat settings etc., etc., similar to settings programmed on the door but I suspect can be different although I'm not sure. This kind of stuff plays tricks with my mind so if I misunderstand any of this I'd pleased for someone to clarify for me. Thanks Wayne V

1 - 5 of 5 Posts