Genesis GV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my GV80 about a month-don't get many calls in the car, but realized the phone ringing sound is coming out of my phone (though it does show up on nav screen)...shouldn't the phone ringing sound come out of the car speakers (as in my 2013 Santa Fe and essentially every other car I've been in). I called and one Genesis rep told me that's the way it is...Another rep thought it was because I had Privacy mode on, which I didn't (and is not even pertinent to my question) I would like incoming calls to ring out through the car speakers. Any thoughts?

· Registered
99 Posts
There is a "pass through" setting for much of the wifi type stereo/speakers/android devices. I would venture it's in that area in apple as well. And having it set wrong on any one of the devices/networks will get the 'no sound' where you want it.

· Registered
GV80 2.5T
25 Posts
Have a GV80 as well and no problem with phone calls coming through the speakers. If you Connect through Bluetooth your phone will connect to the car as soon as you get close to it. Texts come though as well

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.