Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gone through the manual many times now and see no mention "Snow mode" or what it does. I just found out myself after a long drive through the snow packed Sierra's and Oregon. When looking at the drive wheels in the dash the front tires are always engaged. It did great with the all season Michelin Primacy's. I know many have complained about not having sport tires on the Sport Prestige but if I had summer tires I would have never made it or even tried it...

Again it's odd that the manual does not touch on this mode at all. Unless I missed it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've gone through the manual many times now and see no mention "Snow mode" or what it does. I just found out myself after a long drive through the snow packed Sierra's and Oregon. When looking at the drive wheels in the dash the front tires are always engaged. It did great with the all season Michelin Primacy's. I know many have complained about not having sport tires on the Sport Prestige but if I had summer tires I would have never made it or even tried it...

Again it's odd that the manual does not touch on this mode at all. Unless I missed it.
I couldn't find it either.

I looked at my Michelin Primacy tires and they don't indicate M/S. So is all season the same as M/S?

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am now in the Pacific Northwest where we have had feet of snow and I have had to go through a lot of deep snow and icy conditions. I have to say despite the 21" wheels and tires the Primacy's have done very well. They are not "snow rated" and if the highway patrol was checking I would have had to chain up which is not happening. I made it through and "snow mode" seems to split the power equally between the front and rear tires. It's doing well but anything more snow tires would be needed. I'm just glad this rig did not come with high performance summer tires as those would have been no good.

I still find it odd that the manual does not mention "snow mode". Over sight for sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,
Maybe I am wrong but the Micheline 21" tires on the VC70 have the designation of M+S. So, they are usable for snow. In Ca. tires with the M+S designation are accepted as snow tires. But I am hopefully getting chains anyway. If I am stopped in Ca, to check on my tires, they may also ask me if I am carrying chains which is a CHP requirement. I hope I never have to use chains on this great SUV.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes technically speaking the Primacy's are "M&S" ( bud and snow) rated but they are not dedicated snow tires. Those have a symbol of a mountain and a snowflake stamped in the rubber.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In "snow mode" do the American cars include this image? On My car ( Sport Plus AWD, the top Canadian model) you can press on the right side of the 14" screen to display some aspects of this snow mode.
Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Wheel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts