Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
On the other GV80 message board, a guy with a Prestige already did it. It fits.
About the emergency spare tire/jack for the GV80 Prestige, I contacted three Genesis dealers parts departments, all three said no spare is listed in their parts catalog. Note: I specifically requested the tire for the BASE model, not the prestige.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Funny how some of the gv80 experts on here aren't even owners...

I ordered a full size spare rim and tire to throw in the trunk for road trips, otherwise stays in garage. Wayyy cheaper than buying a donut from dealership which may or may not fit in the trunk...and this way I'm not stuck in the middle of nowhere with just a 50 mile donut.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hummm. I pick up my new 3.5T ADVANCED+ AWD with 3rd row seats in 4 days. Now you've got me wondering too. Without 3rd row, I think I saw a pic of a huge storage area back there, so your salesman is likely correct. Many cars these days include a can of slime & a pump. Totally not acceptable, IMHO!
I was at the dealer yesterday and they said that the advanced, because of the 3rd row folding down into the space that a spare tire would be, has no spare.....hence I don't think that is good unless you have run flats and they don't come standard with run flats. (Of course you could replace the tires and put run flats on any vehicle!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am aware of the same diameter, no matter the size. My concern, is there adequate space under the tray for the compact tire in the PRESTIGE model. Some sales people have said there is no room. Could be they were too lazy to remove the tray and look.
Yesterday the dealer told me that the prestige package (2row vehicle) does come with a spare.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yesterday the dealer told me that the prestige package (2row vehicle) does come with a spare.
I have the GV80 Prestige- picked it up 3 weeks ago. No spare. Got one from EZ Spare.com. It fits nicely in the area where a storage tray was located. Early on I tried to buy a spare from 3 separate dealers but was improperly told no spare exists in their parts catalog. There is a spare listed. Your dealer said because of the third row the space for a spare does not exist. He may be right, but I would look into it further. My experience with Genesis sales people suggests they lack the energy and ethics to even look into matters outside of taking your money.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the GV80 Prestige- picked it up 3 weeks ago. No spare. Got one from EZ Spare.com. It fits nicely in the area where a storage tray was located. Early on I tried to buy a spare from 3 separate dealers but was improperly told no spare exists in their parts catalog. There is a spare listed. Your dealer said because of the third row the space for a spare does not exist. He may be right, but I would look into it further. My experience with Genesis sales people suggests they lack the energy and ethics to even look into matters outside of taking your money.
Thanks for letting me know - terrible that we are not getting the right info from the dealer!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts