Genesis GV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GV80 Prestige Vik black
119 Posts
Is it true that the GV80 has the "Start/Stop" engine? If so, can it be disabled?
I like the start stop feature. The engine turns off at long stoplights to save gas just like hybrid vehicles. You can easily turn it off but I think it is a great feature. When the light turns green the car automatically turns on and goes with unnoticeable hesitation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like the start stop feature. The engine turns off at long stoplights to save gas just like hybrid vehicles. You can easily turn it off but I think it is a great feature. When the light turns green the car automatically turns on and goes with unnoticeable hesitation.
I have it in my 2019 Lincoln Nautilus and hate it. AC compressor shuts off so you can feel call warming up after about 20 seconds at a stop light. Plus average daily starter use goes from about 5 times to 30 times in city traffic. All this to save a few ounces of gas - stupid - strictly a way for them to improve EPA mileage. Lincoln has dedicated button to disable - hope don't have to go down 3 levels of menu to disable on GV80.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I noticed the feature during my test drive. I didn't see where the overide button is. Do you have to press the overide button everytime you start the car up?

·
Registered
63 Posts
So yours was preset to not shut down. Hopefully there's a button to overide the feature that everytime you get in the car you don't have set it to not turn off.

The manual shows a disable button to the left of your left knee. It will have to be pushed every time you start the car to disable this feature. To me it’ll be a very minor inconvenience.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I noticed the feature during my test drive. I didn't see where the overide button is. Do you have to press the overide button everytime you start the car up?
It is one of the annoyances I have with the gv80. I don’t like the auto start and stop but need to press the off button (located where the left controls are behind steering wheel) every time I start the car. Wish it would be persistent function.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have had my GV80 for three weeks and have experienced the "start/stop" feature. It's very annoying in local traffic and completely shuts down the A/C system at a stoplight. Since I live in Florida the A/C shut down is very noticeable. You cannot see the shut-off button after you start driving since it is hidden behind the steering wheel. Now that I expressed my thoughts about this feature I still love the vehicle. It is everything I imagined plus more. Every day I discover a new feature that I did not have in my two previous Lexus vehicles. Hope everyone is as satisfied as I am.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I concur, saw the light, never saw the button, and it never shut down when I idled at a light.
Has anybody had the same experience as I have with the auto off/on feature in that it doesn't always shut down the engine when stopped? There's plenty of times even when it's turned on and I'm stopped at a traffic light or stop sign and the engine stays running. Then there's other times when it does turn the engine off. I don't understand why. Is this happening to anyone else?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anybody had the same experience as I have with the auto off/on feature in that it doesn't always shut down the engine when stopped? There's plenty of times even when it's turned on and I'm stopped at a traffic light or stop sign and the engine stays running. Then there's other times when it does turn the engine off. I don't understand why. Is this happening to anyone else?
there are a number conditions for the feature to work:

from owners manual,2021 GV80 Owners Manual:

ISG System Operation Prerequisite for activation ISG system operates in the following situations. • The driver's seatbelt is fastened • The driver's door and hood are closed • The brake vacuum pressure is adequate • The battery sensor is activated and the battery is sufficiently charged • Outside temperature is not too low or too high • The vehicle is driven over a constant speed and stops • The climate control system satisfies the conditions • The vehicle is sufficiently warmed up • ISG related parts are working properly • The incline is gradual • The steering wheel is turned less than 180 degrees and then the vehicle stops

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.