Genesis GV Forums banner

The Genesis GV80 Owners Registry

58K views 158 replies 70 participants last post by  Propspinner 
#1 ·
Post the details of your Genesis GV80 in the list here. When you take delivery of your GV80, post an update here.

Step 1: Complete Short Form Here
Step 2: Confirm entry in this discussion thread so we can keep the list active.
Step 3: View Results

Genesis-GV80-Orders

See less See more
#82 ·
I am looking forward to taking delivery of my Cardiff Green GV80 Prestige in early August but my complaint is dealing with salespeople who sell Sonatas and Santa Fes all day long. Genesis really needs to break out and get stand alone dealerships where folks understand you are spending quite a bit of money and expect quite a bit of service.

#83 ·
Actually, you still get the full Genesis service/maintainance. I don't care who sells me the Genesis as long as they get me the color/trim I want at the price I'm willing to pay. At this point. I'm going to hold out for the MY2022 GV80 with the 6- seater. Haven't been able to find one right now in the color/trim I want. And I'm not going to spend that kind of money and not get what I want. Dealers keep stocking all this monochromatic grays with black interiors. You chose the best color. Cardiff Green.

#85 ·
I own a GV80 I think the ride is great but it felt a little bouncy. I changed the electronic suspension to sport and it tightened up the ride. I love the difference it made with that simple setting change. I get more compliments on this car than any other car I have owned. I have owned BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, Acura, I have never seen this type of response.

#88 ·
Welcome @TLM!

What other vehicles did you consider getting before going with the GV80?
Add pics of it here: Himalayan Gray Genesis GV80 Owners Thread
I drove a lot of midsize crossovers, both standard and luxury, but wasn't all that impressed with any of them. I wanted to drive the 2022 Acura MDX, but couldn't find one even to test drive anywhere near me. So the final decision was between the GV70 and the GV80.

#89 ·
Hi! Newbie here.... Got my GV80 (after a year of wanting one), on July 5th - less than a week before I had to go out of the country on business, LOL. Missed it while I was gone. ;-) I absolutely love it - such a great car to drive. Husband liked it so much, he joined the Genesis family too (G70) a couple weeks later.

#92 ·
Put down deposit on the last remaining '21 Genesis GV80 3.5L Advanced+ AWD within a 100 mile radius 3 days ago. Himalayan Gray.
Since it was a 'spur of the moment' decision, and I was 75 miles from home, I didn't have a check, not enough funds in account, and no title in hand. Also, the trade in value for my '11 Lincoln MKT was atrocious!
Sold the Lincoln yesterday for $3300 more than trade value.
Appointment setup for 3 days from now to pick up. Can't wait!!

#93 ·
Put down deposit on the last remaining '21 Genesis GV80 3.5L Advanced+ AWD within a 100 mile radius 3 days ago. Himalayan Gray.
Since it was a 'spur of the moment' decision, and I was 75 miles from home, I didn't have a check, not enough funds in account, and no title in hand. Also, the trade in value for my '11 Lincoln MKT was atrocious!
Sold the Lincoln yesterday for $3300 more than trade value.
Appointment setup for 3 days from now to pick up. Can't wait!!
LOL - the trade in value they offered me was $7k under what we sold it for privately. I expect them to make a little money - but come on now!

#94 ·
New here! Just picked up my GV80 3.5 Prestige (Cardiff Green with green/brown interior) today. Had to drive 90 miles to find the one I wanted, drive back was fun, practically drove itself in terrible CA traffic! What I was surprised about was I was getting a good 27 MPG on drive home (even with heavy traffic, hills into central valley) according to trip computer. Will see how many miles it really is at my first fill-up. Great car so far, and awesome sound system

#110 ·
I picked up a Black on Black 2021 GV80 2.5 RWD Prestige leftover with 280 miles on it right off the lot. After spending a few weeks trying to find a GV70 This one fell in my lap at the last dealership I went to and I got it. So far I love the car. I don't even need a key, just my phone.

#111 ·
Picked up a Himalayan Gray GV80 3.5T Prestige last week. My wife has a model X and I like this interior better. However, it still missing a lot of features comparing to Model X, like the car won't autolock when walkaway. Hope Genesis will add this feature. Also, navigation software update via a USB drive took 45 minutes sitting in the car with the engine on where the Tesla does it automatically. The model X is quiet because it has no engine. However, the GV80 is close and surprisingly super quiet as well. So far so good.