Genesis GV80 Forum | Pricing, Specs & Reviews banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Two or three days ago I received an email from my salesman and he said it is on the ship and he gave me my VIN number. He says that it will be arriving at the Philadelphia Pennsylvania shipping port. He said I should have it by the end of November but if it just got on the ship the other day I'm thinking more the beginning of December. He did not give me a hard date.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Another dealer contact of mine says his two that were on the boat are in this group. He says the other 25 or so he has on order should be arriving at port the second week of December. So that's when we should see the a real volume of models arriving. These current ones shown are just some of the earliest ones.
My dealer called and said mine is sitting in Philadelphia port and will be in Pittsburgh before Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
272 Posts
My dealer called and said mine is sitting in Philadelphia port and will be in Pittsburgh before Thanksgiving.
You're not the only one waiting for their GV80 at the port.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You're not the only one waiting for their GV80 at the port.

What's their excuse on why you have to wait another month despite the fact that it's in the port? Shouldn't take that long to get it on a car carrier and transport it to your dealership.
I'm quite frustrated too as the ETA just keeps getting pushed back month after month. We were all told out GV80's would arrive by late Autumn and I don't even have a VIN confirmation yet which means it's not on a transport ship. That means it won't be here by late autumn as the transport ship takes about 1 month to arrive. So now I bet it's going to get pushed back to January '21. Who knows in January if they don't push it back even further to February. Sad to see a company capable of building such great vehicles compromising their reputation with what seems to be totally disfunctional logistics.

·
Registered
272 Posts
What's their excuse on why you have to wait another month despite the fact that it's in the port? Shouldn't take that long to get it on a car carrier and transport it to your dealership.
I'm quite frustrated too as the ETA just keeps getting pushed back month after month. We were all told out GV80's would arrive by late Autumn and I don't even have a VIN confirmation yet which means it's not on a transport ship. That means it won't be here by late autumn as the transport ship takes about 1 month to arrive. So now I bet it's going to get pushed back to January '21. Who knows in January if they don't push it back even further to February. Sad to see a company capable of building such great vehicles compromising their reputation with what seems to be totally disfunctional logistics.
I have to imagine it has something to do with Covid that it's taking longer at the port.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Let's just say they are not backed up as much as they say they are. They do not have 17,000+ reservations for the gv80 in North America.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Let's just say they are not backed up as much as they say they are. They do not have 17,000+ reservations for the gv80 in North America.
I don't think they have as many reservations as they claim either. That number of 17,000+ is most likely being used to justify the prolonged delays.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't think they have as many reservations as they claim either. That number of 17,000+ is most likely being used to justify the prolonged delays.
This is what they said back in Aug/Sept. I think they are delaying them so majority of people that ordered them will be able to get them at the same time. My gv80 is sitting at the Philadelphia shipping port for the past week or 2.

·
Registered
64 Posts
This is what they said back in Aug/Sept. I think they are delaying them so majority of people that ordered them will be able to get them at the same time. My gv80 is sitting at the Philadelphia shipping port for the past week or 2.
I ordered mine early August. I don't have a VIN number so I doubt it's on a transport ship. My dealer said to me yesterday that they have a shipment last week of December coming in. I don't know if that means a transport ship is leaving South Korea last week in December or the ship is scheduled to arrive at the port last week in December or they'll be in their dealership lot last week in December. Whether mine is part of that first shipment remains to be seen, whenever that shipment arrives. They're being very quiet about it, offering what is virtually no information. At least yours is actually already here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered mine early August. I don't have a VIN number so I doubt it's on a transport ship. My dealer said to me yesterday that they have a shipment last week of December coming in. I don't know if that means a transport ship is leaving South Korea last week in December or the ship is scheduled to arrive at the port last week in December or they'll be in their dealership lot last week in December. Whether mine is part of that first shipment remains to be seen, whenever that shipment arrives. They're being very quiet about it, offering what is virtually no information. At least yours is actually already here.
The lack of information seems very shady imo. I don't even think the sales people know why they're being delayed when the gv80s are already supposedly in the country.

·
Registered
2021 GV80 Prestige Vik black
46 Posts
****! Congratulations! seems like you're the first one to have these bad boys on the road. How do you like it so far?
I love the car, super awesome, very few cons.
Cons are small glovebox, and they advertised a seat massage function which is a joke.
Pros is it's a fast SUV, I had it going 135 uphill and it was still pulling. Handles like a fine luxury car. Drives like a heavier car but no issues with braking or handling.
I will ceramic coat it, put running boards on, and add some extra window film.

·
Registered
2021 GV80 Prestige Vik black
46 Posts
Congratulations!
What dealership and state did you purchase your GV80 from?
I bought it from Genesis of Westlake in Thousand Oaks, CA. I was told I was the first one in the USA to buy the car because the port of arrival was closest.

·
Registered
64 Posts
That's what I was curious about, which port your GV80 went into, West Coast, that explains it. Sounds like you have the 3.5 liter engine? Prestige package with the 22" wheels? How good does it isolate bumps and potholes?

21 - 40 of 51 Posts