Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have much experience towing with the 2.5? I know it's rated for quite a bit, but curious how it would handle towing a 4,000 lb boat, in particular with some steeper climb. Looking to tow from San Francisco to Tahoe and there is about 30 miles with some not insignificant incline as you climb to about 7,000 ft. elevation. Won't be doing the tow that often, but even once or so a year wondering how it may hold up.

·
Registered
621 Posts
With a 6,000 towing capacity (last I checked) you should have no problem. What vehicles have you towed with in the past?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yup the 2.5T GV80 has a towing capacity of 6,000 pounds and a max tongue weight of 408 pounds. This is from the owner's manual.

·
Registered
46 Posts
also remember that engine is going to loose power the higher you go so at 5000ft you may have trouble with some of the hills. my self i would not tow with a 4 cylinder its going to be reving all the time up hill

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am hoping with either engine the turbo will a big help at higher altitudes. Nevertheless, I found that the 3.5TT Advanced has most of the features I want without the ridiculous 22" wheels. However, I do wish the e-LSD and was available on the lower trims... it really doesn't make sense to me that they decided to only put it on the Prestige - who is going to offroad in 22" wheels, really?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts