Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I see that the status of my GV60 factory order has changed today to 'Shipping'.

I'll try to find out more detail from my PA but guessing that this means that it has been manufactured now in South Korea and is somewhere on the path from leaving the factory to loading on the next available ship for transport to the UK. So potentially still 3-4 weeks away from arrival in the UK and then allow another week or two for in-country checks, PDI and delivery to me. This puts the likely delivery date near the start of November - pretty much when it was promised for, given the July order date. (None of the stock cars was close to my preferred spec, so I chose a factory order.)

It's notable that the status went directly from 'Confirmed' (order) to 'Shipping' with no intermediate Build Date etc being reported. I have heard rumours that there is an update pending to the website to provide more detail on status but doesn't seem to have happened in time for me.

If it's of any interest, here is my spec:

Font Number Screenshot Parallel Circle

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would recommend talking to your PA rather than checking the website. I went for a stock model, which was delivered on Sept. 5th, but the website still shows it as being in Delivery Preparation! It was the PA who kept me informed on the actual status but I did have to chase him a bit (they seem to be very busy).
Loving the car but hating the 9 inch crack that I got on the windscreen from a (big) stone hit within its first 50 miles. The car is so new in the UK that Autoglass do not have it in their system. Genesis aftercare have prepared all of the details that Autoglass need but I am still waiting for a confirmed appointment to have the screen replaced two weeks after I requested one. Ah the joys of having a (very) new car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I see that the status of my GV60 factory order has changed today to 'Shipping'.

I'll try to find out more detail from my PA but guessing that this means that it has been manufactured now in South Korea and is somewhere on the path from leaving the factory to loading on the next available ship for transport to the UK. So potentially still 3-4 weeks away from arrival in the UK and then allow another week or two for in-country checks, PDI and delivery to me. This puts the likely delivery date near the start of November - pretty much when it was promised for, given the July order date. (None of the stock cars was close to my preferred spec, so I chose a factory order.)

It's notable that the status went directly from 'Confirmed' (order) to 'Shipping' with no intermediate Build Date etc being reported. I have heard rumours that there is an update pending to the website to provide more detail on status but doesn't seem to have happened in time for me.

If it's of any interest, here is my spec:

View attachment 3083
John what was your order date? Mine was ordered on 22nd June.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
To the best of my recollection, my order date is as shown in the top right of the image of my web page order, ie 14th July @12:43. (Or at least I think that is the date that the order was formally confirmed by Genesis with signed paperwork etc, as distinct from when I may have agreed to the order but before all the i's were dotted and t's crossed in the ordering formalities.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts