Genesis GV Forums banner

Up-date

2148 Views 12 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  DACross8
Anyone else do the OTA update to their system. ??
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Anyone else do the OTA update to their system. ??
Is that something that happens automatically?
The only updates I have done were downloaded onto a USB drive and then inserted into the vehicle. What OTA update are you referring to? didn't know there were any
Yes, I've done several. It's not OTA. As pcdoc indicated you have to download from your PC onto a clean USB drive, start the vehicle and insert the USB and select update from the menu. What exactly are you referring to here?
My was OTA as I was at a coffee shop. Just roslme it was going to start. I ✅ it and away it went. Took about 10 min
And you're driving a 2022 GV70 or something else?
Yes, there was an OTA about a month ago on my 2022 GV70. It did two things, improved FM reception when in a tunnel and added the rust color to GV80. Then it went on to say it was an award winning color. WTF!!! It really only did one thing for the GV70, not much of upgrade, disappointing to say the least.
Interesting. I've never had an over the air update. I have went to the Genesis site and pulled down 2 downloads last year:

1. Update to the overall interface
2. Major Nav update which significantly sped up the GPS functionality, made voice requests MUCH more accurate, and provided a 3D view to the GPS buildings, and introduced an Alexa like smart guide.

Here: Notice | Official Genesis Navigation Update Website
Interesting. I've never had an over the air update. I have went to the Genesis site and pulled down 2 downloads last year:

1. Update to the overall interface
2. Major Nav update which significantly sped up the GPS functionality, made voice requests MUCH more accurate, and provided a 3D view to the GPS buildings, and introduced an Alexa like smart guide.

Here: Notice | Official Genesis Navigation Update Website
This is all done via USB through your PC and using the Navigation updater software that has to be installed on your PC.
Right. I said that on my prior post #4 on Jan 10th.
Anyone update a 2023? Can't find any description of what is included in each update or even when released on the download site.
mine did a rest OTA that improved the finger senser and coast. Both were improved afterward. All I could detect. 2022 GV70 Himalayan grey/red leather interior and all the toys...

where do you get the USB up-dates??
Directly from the Geneis Website:

OTA Software Update

※ This service will be supported for only for some models. 1002972

SUPPORTED MODELS

G90 (2022 Launch Model)
GV60
1 - 13 of 13 Posts