Genesis GV Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in Toronto Ontario
Ordered my GV70 sport plus Apr 26 2022. Was told 7 to 8 months delivery puts me in Dec. Exp mgr texted that Korea has accepted the order in early Oct. Exp mgr now saying maybe Feb 2023 that’s 10 months.
Is this a reasonable time frame??

· Registered
2 Posts
I am in Toronto Ontario
Ordered my GV70 sport plus Apr 26 2022. Was told 7 to 8 months delivery puts me in Dec. Exp mgr texted that Korea has accepted the order in early Oct. Exp mgr now saying maybe Feb 2023 that’s 10 months.
I am from Ottawa ordered from Genesis West Ottawa. Ordered in Feb2022 a GV70 3.5T Sport Plus AWD. Booked a financing at 2.9% and was confirmed in writing the rate would not change at delivery with a wait time of about 6-8 months. Was also promised they would keep me updated all along. Only update I got from Genesis Canada was I would lose 1 feature due to chip shortage. Last week I get an email giving me 2 days to accept the incoming car with a changed order in my profile showing a 2023 at 6.1% financing!?!! I call this poor business client relationship management. I get the wait time, I get some minor specs changed. I don't buy not being told last summer I would get now a 2023 and Genesis would jump on the occasion to revised the financing rate because it is a 2023 with less tech than the 2022 I ordered. Genesis did not decide last week to ship 2023s... I've worked in automotive supply chain, I know how it works. Bottom line, I cancelled my order and I will share my bad experience every chance I got!!!
Great car, shady business practices

· Registered
5 Posts
I am from Ottawa ordered from Genesis West Ottawa. Ordered in Feb2022 a GV70 3.5T Sport Plus AWD. Booked a financing at 2.9% and was confirmed in writing the rate would not change at delivery with a wait time of about 6-8 months. Was also promised they would keep me updated all along. Only update I got from Genesis Canada was I would lose 1 feature due to chip shortage. Last week I get an email giving me 2 days to accept the incoming car with a changed order in my profile showing a 2023 at 6.1% financing!?!! I call this poor business client relationship management. I get the wait time, I get some minor specs changed. I don't buy not being told last summer I would get now a 2023 and Genesis would jump on the occasion to revised the financing rate because it is a 2023 with less tech than the 2022 I ordered. Genesis did not decide last week to ship 2023s... I've worked in automotive supply chain, I know how it works. Bottom line, I cancelled my order and I will share my bad experience every chance I got!!!
Great car, shady business practices
sorry to hear that, I hear this is becoming a new more common frustration with other car companies as well

curious what features were removed due to chip shortage on your order?

· Registered
5 Posts
I'm in the States, but I guess I lucked up. I had initially ordered a Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy for practical reasons from a different dealer in Charlotte, NC. After a few months, I started to regret that decision and got my wife's blessing to test drive a GV70 3.5T Sport Prestige. Genesis of Charlotte had just received two trucks of new cars the night before and there were quite a few that were unallocated. I ended up getting my dream car in the color (Adriatic Blue) and interior that I wanted.
Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle Automotive parking light

· Registered
5 Posts
Why don’t you just buy one of the ones that they have already in the dealership? I have done the ordering thing with Porsche but is taking now at least 3 to 4 months to get a Macan S.
I am trying to convince my wife to get a GV70 with the big engine…. Drives and accelerates like the Macan if not better. And with a ton of technology on it, much better warranty and 20 or 30 grand less. It’s a no brainer for me. With Porsche it’s a ripoff….if you want to upgrade the sound system it’s almost 6000 to get the Burmeister system…..and they took the Bose out of the configuration due to shortages. If she doesn’t get it maybe I am the one that will be buying one lol

· Registered
2 Posts
I've ordered my 2.5T from Genesis Mississauga on September 1st, 2022. I was told it would take 6-8 months to receive my car.I was quoted to be number 327 then. On January 9th I was quoted to be number 133 on the wait list. Hoping to get in my GV70 some time in March/April. Price has been signed on, but I'm not sure what the financing conditions will be when they deliver the car. Anyone else in Ontario with any current financing APR rates?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am in Toronto Ontario
I am in Toronto Ontario
my gv70 sport plus delivered Jan 11/23
almost 9 month wait.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts