Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed a reserve for a Green GV80 Prestige in February 2020. To date I do not have the car, nor can the dealer, or it seems anyone else tell me what the ETA is for the vehicle. It has been over a year, and the lack of communication from the dealer and the Genesis company is really making me think twice about buying any Genesis vehicle.

What has been your experience? Have you had service from them, was it timely and pleasant? Is my experience more the norm or just a bad incident?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Lexus dealer was very good. I’ve owner Audi’s BMW’s and Mercedes in the past and all of were good, some better than others, but generally all good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
569 Posts
My Lexus dealer was very good. I’ve owner Audi’s BMW’s and Mercedes in the past and all of were good, some better than others, but generally all good.
Glad to hear. It probably helps that cars need far less servicing these days.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I placed a reserve for a Green GV80 Prestige in February 2020. To date I do not have the car, nor can the dealer, or it seems anyone else tell me what the ETA is for the vehicle. It has been over a year, and the lack of communication from the dealer and the Genesis company is really making me think twice about buying any Genesis vehicle.

What has been your experience? Have you had service from them, was it timely and pleasant? Is my experience more the norm or just a bad incident?
I'm really satisfied with my GV80. That being said the buying experience was more of what you expect when purchasing an economy car, not a $72,000 vehicle. I don't blame the salesperson as she's been trained to sell Hyundais not Genesis. I really felt like as soon as the paperwork was signed she wanted me out the door so she could move onto new business with the next customer.
I'm impressed with Genesis vehicles but they need their own dedicated showrooms, service centers and salespeople if they want to compete with other premium brands.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm in Edmonton Alberta and I would say the experience here was not one I would recommend. I recently had my car serviced at the authorized Hyundai dealer and the dealership was a **** show. Crowded parking lot, people lined up down into the showroom for the service department. The service department reminded me of some back alley discount shop or something. I can't say I'd buy another Genesis if they don't get their own dealership.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm in Edmonton Alberta and I would say the experience here was not one I would recommend. I recently had my car serviced at the authorized Hyundai dealer and the dealership was a **** show. Crowded parking lot, people lined up down into the showroom for the service department. The service department reminded me of some back alley discount shop or something. I can't say I'd buy another Genesis if they don't get their own dealership.
I really think Genesis recognizes this problem and I would think within this year or next you'll see the showrooms, service centers become separated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I really think Genesis recognizes this problem and I would think within this year or next you'll see the showrooms, service centers become separated.
Complications with separation are understandable. Having no signage, even just portable, disposable, signage is not anything I can figure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Complications with separation are understandable. Having no signage, even just portable, disposable, signage is not anything I can figure.
Its going to take longer than that. The current Hyundai Dealers paid a setup fee to sell Genesis cars and they do not intend to give up that right. Genesis has to buy out their investment and then sell unique dealership contracts for separate showrooms.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I also bought from Genesis Edmonton and am concerned regarding service. The Hyundai dealership is very small and I imagine very busy. On paper the promises are very good but delivery is what counts.

I cannot imagine that you went in for a scheduled service yet. Why did you have to take it in? I assume that they did not pick up and drop off as promised. Your comments are very discouraging for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’d say my experience so far has been very similar to my experience with other luxury brands. I’ve owned several Audi’s, a Lexus, and a Jaguar and I didn’t think the experience I got at any of those dealerships was any better than that I got at the Genesis/Hyundai dealer. In fact I think it was better at the genesis/Hyundai dealer. Of course it helps that I know the manager of the dealership personally so maybe I got preferential treatment. He communicated with me regularly as I waited the last six months for the one I wanted to come in and then made sure that everyone was to take good care of me through the buying process.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also bought from Genesis Edmonton and am concerned regarding service. The Hyundai dealership is very small and I imagine very busy. On paper the promises are very good but delivery is what counts.

I cannot imagine that you went in for a scheduled service yet. Why did you have to take it in? I assume that they did not pick up and drop off as promised. Your comments are very discouraging for me.
South Town Hyundai (Genesis Edmonton's service center) was extremely busy and definitely did not even come close to the service I've received in the past from Mazda, Ford or Toyota. I'd rank it as the worst to be honest and it's what concerns me most about the brand. My GV gave us some trouble in February when we had that 1 week cold spell. It hit -40 celsius and we park outside. The GV's don't come with a block heater and they didn't even offer it as an option when we purchased in December. I had called their concierge service and they picked up the car but the mechanics and service advisors were not great at South Town. They called me that day to tell me all my rotors were warped and that they were going to machine them all. I had told the girl in service that the vibration the mechanic had felt during the test drive was likely snow and ice built up on the rims and not the rotors (you could see the bloody ice built up in the wheels so I don't know what the mechanic was smoking). I also told her that with 1,100kms on the car they'd be "replacing" rotors not machining them (if it came down to it). I wasn't worried as much about the vibration during the driving as I was about the rough idling and engine vibration it had while in park or when put into drive with my foot on the brake. I told them to park it in the shop overnight and retest in the morning. Miraculously, all of the problems disappeared. I chose to drop off the courtesy car the following day so I could see what the dealership was actually like. It's very heavily congested parking lot and people were lined up into the showroom single file waiting to get into what looked like a make-shift service area with 5 or 6 small desks. If I were you, I would check out the place that will be servicing your GV. I like this suv but if I'm still using this shop at the end of my 3 year lease.... they can keep the car because I won't be buying it out. It's gong show knowing who to call for services/warranty work. Do I call Genesis? Do I call Hyundai? It's truly confusing. That Genesis boutique in Edmonton is basically a sales station and then you're thrown to Hyundai. It's no wonder they offer a concierge service.... they don't want to cheapen the "luxury" experience by stepping foot into their Hyundai service center.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I heard the EPA has tighten up on the 3.5 and are only letting so many in per month beyond the poor gas mileage. The prestige weighs 700 lbs more the 4 cylinder ones. Thank Biden

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I heard the EPA has tighten up on the 3.5 and are only letting so many in per month beyond the poor gas mileage. The prestige weighs 700 lbs more the 4 cylinder ones. Thank Biden
Interesting, I can’t believe that in the last 54 days the EPA changed the import laws and are enforcing it. There is usually a multi-year period between changes and enforcement. Where did you “hear” that Jack?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Interesting, I can’t believe that in the last 54 days the EPA changed the import laws and are enforcing it. There is usually a multi-year period between changes and enforcement. Where did you “hear” that Jack?
one of these websites I really don’t remember. I know my local dealers complaining about not being able to get any prestige models either. I see a lot of complaints about gas mileage on this and other Genesis sites.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I’m waiting months already for my GV80... it’s about supply chain issues, not trade restrictions...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm really satisfied with my GV80. That being said the buying experience was more of what you expect when purchasing an economy car, not a $72,000 vehicle. I don't blame the salesperson as she's been trained to sell Hyundais not Genesis. I really felt like as soon as the paperwork was signed she wanted me out the door so she could move onto new business with the next customer.
I'm impressed with Genesis vehicles but they need their own dedicated showrooms, service centers and salespeople if they want to compete with other premium brands.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts