Genesis GV Forums banner

What Gifts Did You Get From Genesis?

8K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  AJB 
#1 ·
Genesis dealers have been sending free thank you gifts to new G70, G80, G90 and GV80 owners. What did everyone here get so far? If nothing, that's very normal too as its entirely up to the dealer and not required.

#4 · (Edited)
I have not received anything. Was not expecting anything, but would be a nice touch. After all, they are trying to transition to a luxury stand-alone dealer network, but I would not necessarily expect my Hyundai dealership to do something like that yet. They do not yet have the facility, training, expected level of service and people to match what one would expect from a luxury maker.

#6 ·
Did not receive anything but a "thank you note" from the salesperson. Contacting Genesis and not receiving a reply is standard. During my research process, pre-order and buying process I contacted Genesis numerous times with questions. All inquires were met with the same response, nothing!

#8 ·
I got a custom wood baccarat game board with Genesis logo on it. I'll never play it but it's a nice looking display piece. A wine bottle with a Genesis custom label. I'll never drink it but it's a nice commemorative item that might be considered a collectible 30 years from now. A nice custom Genesis carrying bag and there were two or three other small items I cannot remember. I will post pictures when I get home.

#16 ·
I received nothing from my dealer. I fealt like once I signed the paperwork they wanted me out the door to move onto the next customer. Definitely not what I expected when purchasing a $72,000 vehicle.
Genesis definitely has to separate themselves from Hyundai and have their own showroom and service facilities along with dedicated (to Genesis only) salespeople.
If they want to seriously compete with other premium brands it'll be necessary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.