Genesis GV Forums banner

What Interesting Things Have You Discovered?

9K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  SGilbert 
#1 ·
To GV80 owners and those that test driven them, what interesting quirks, features and functions have you discovered so far? Genesis included a lot and sharing our experience here will be a great way speed up the learning curve.

#2 ·
I'll share. After 10 days ownership of my GV80, the most interesting quirk I've discovered is the huge disappointment that SiriusXM Travel Link (weather/fuel prices) is not available. Genesis replaced it with HD Radio Data which is apparently only available in major metro areas. Unable to find much info, but apparently leaves 95% of the country without any service. So to my mind Genesis has inexplicably "bricked" this highly desirable service. Haven't been able to find an Android Auto work around. Can anyone shed light on this change? Can we lobby to get it back?

#18 ·
Have you tried try tracking down a GV80 demo that you can test drive?

This thread should also help:

#24 ·
Found out something new over the weekend. It was the first time I drove my GV80 at 80+ mph. When I hit 80 mph the side bolsters on my driver's seat tightened up automatically (in the same fashion as if I put the driver's setting in Sport mode). When my speed dropped below 70 mph the bolsters automatically loosened up again. I had no idea it would automatically tighten and loosen on its own as you speed up and slow down, an interesting feature!

#25 ·
I’ve noticed that if I keep my drivers side thermostat set to 70 that the Idle Stop and Go never engages. It’s still on but never turns the car off. Perhaps for those that don’t like ISG try setting the passenger side to 70 when in the car alone might help if you don’t want your side that low.

#29 ·
I just got a text message from my car telling me it’s hot outside and asking if I wanted to cool my car.

I think this is because it’s attached to my calendar and have someplace I need to go.

I thought it was interesting it wanted to pre-cool the car for me.
That's interesting, how much in advance of your appointment did it ask you that question? Did it factor in how much in advance you would have to leave to get to your destination on time (based on the distance to your destination)?
Was it a Google calendar?

#36 · (Edited)
Above: “Does anyone know how to manage the maintenance needed alert that shows up. I have 7months and 3000 miles on car and just got a reminder that I was 2 days overdue- should toggle in at 8000 miles- any way to reset to 8000?“

My understanding is that the interval should for the GV80 should be 6 months or 7500 miles, whichever comes first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.