Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
You remind me of my grandmother telling me: "never cut off my nose to spite my face".
how so? What am I spiting? It gives me nothing I use that I don't have already through my wonderful phone.
i guess if you dont' know how to stream music maybe. ??
You remind me of a stereo salesman pushing the AA for extra $.
or maybe for the ridiculous car companies selling it as a $XXX add on to clueless purchasers.
???
;)

·
Registered
2021 Genesis GV80 3.5T AWD Advanced Plus
150 Posts
how so? What am I spiting? It gives me nothing I use that I don't have already through my wonderful phone.
i guess if you dont' know how to stream music maybe. ??
You remind me of a stereo salesman pushing the AA for extra $.
or maybe for the ridiculous car companies selling it as a $XXX add on to clueless purchasers.
???
;)
I am a die hard Apple fan! Apple MacBook Pro and Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max! I use CarPlay exclusively. The Maps are far superior to Genesis, Waze is my highway companion, Navigation id far more accurate with Maps or Waze, and I stream 1200+ songs from my phone to my GV80. I use a wireless dongle, however, even if wired, having to have a phone mount and watch and interact with that small screen would be horrendous! (I did that on previous cars)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, mine started working intermittently at first. Then it stopped working altogether. I tried another cord and it still didn’t work. I made an appointment to get it fixed, prior to bringing it in, I tried a new Apple charge cord one last time and it worked perfectly. I have not had a problem since switching to that cord. Having Apple CarPlay is an absolute must on any vehicle I have because I travel so much. Hope your’s got fixed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Absolutely! However, not having wireless CarPlay as standard, is very disappointing.
Agree, and on my Tesla Model S Plaid, they tried to put their system in, which is ....well, ok! But, clearly, the community awaits Elon and Apple to settle the score and put it in a new update sometime in the "not too distant future"! Agree with your statement 100%

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am a die hard Apple fan! Apple MacBook Pro and Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max! I use CarPlay exclusively. The Maps are far superior to Genesis, Waze is my highway companion, Navigation id far more accurate with Maps or Waze, and I stream 1200+ songs from my phone to my GV80. I use a wireless dongle, however, even if wired, having to have a phone mount and watch and interact with that small screen would be horrendous! (I did that on previous cars)
I use Waze, google maps and stream amazon music and songs from my phone and watch every day.
"interact with that small screen would be horrendous" LOL - ok Francis - whatever floats your boat.
Though I gotta wonder why you are using the screens at all with voice command........... ;)
PS - it still shows on the big screen.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts