Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Genesis GV80 3.5T AWD Advanced Plus
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is a revelation! Seems Ikea can sell you a wireless charger that fits under a desk and still work, but Genesis cannot provide a charger that will charge through even a very thin piece of plastic. Terrible!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well, this is a revelation! Seems Ikea can sell you a wireless charger that fits under a desk and still work, but Genesis cannot provide a charger that will charge through even a very thin piece of plastic. Terrible!!
What phone do you have. There's a known issue with iPhone 12 not wanting to charge wirelessly with or without a case. The fix is to reboot your iPhone and see if that helps. If you google iPhone 12 not charging wirelessly there are tons of pages about it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the iPhone 12 Pro Max. However, from what I have seen from others, it is not exclusive to the 12s.
I have several wireless chargers at home--brand name and no-name, and all work well with my 12!

·
Registered
198 Posts
No issues with Samsung Galaxy 21 or Flip 3. Both have cases on them.
I think it has to do with the Magsafe charging on the newer phones. I did see this recently...

Apple's MagSafe chargers do support the Qi wireless charging standard, but only up to 7.5 W, which is far short of what current Qi EPP chargers are capable of providing.

So not sure if that has something to do with not being able to go through a case or not. But positioning seems to be a factor for the 12 pro max at least. You have to have it in just the right spot to use the GV80s Qi pad.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It actually works. Face left or face right, it works. I have to adjust L&R just a bit, but at least it works. Unbelievable!

Now, what to do with my Otterbox MagSafe Defender case and my very nice, but cheap Blue leather case? Anyone interested? Half price plus actual mail charges.

Both for iPhone 12 Pro Max

·
Registered
4 Posts
It actually works. Face left or face right, it works. I have to adjust L&R just a bit, but at least it works. Unbelievable!

Now, what to do with my Otterbox MagSafe Defender case and my very nice, but cheap Blue leather case? Anyone interested? Half price plus actual mail charges.

Both for iPhone 12 Pro Max

I tried totalleecase on my iPhone 12 max. Still no luck with case on. Charges fine with case off.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the Totallee also. have to slide the 12 Pro Max toward the driver slowly about ½ to ¾ inch to get it to work.
I'll use the Totallee, BUT only try to charge when I really need it--never routinely. The GV80's worst feature!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Totallee also. have to slide the 12 Pro Max toward the driver slowly about ½ to ¾ inch to get it to work.
I'll use the Totallee, BUT only try to charge when I really need it--never routinely. The GV80's worst feature!
Thanks. I will try that. Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My theory is that it either has the coils too far from the surface, or the power is just not enough to 'reach' the phone. The latter is the most probable and could be increased by software.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts