Genesis GV Forums banner
101 - 112 of 112 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
I'm okay with the fix-a-flat, just in case I'm in the middle of nowhere. Otherwise there's Roadside Assistance available on the App, and I have AAA.
e
What I worry about is that the tire can not be filled or repaired, and now you have to get towed to a tire store and buy a new tire. That's ok if your around town, but not on the road. And if you got the tire insurance, I am guessing you just can't buy a tire and get reimbursed. You would have to go somewhere. I purchased an Acura without a spare, and the first thing I did was buy one.
That being said, the last time I got a flat that could not be fixed and had to put on a spare was 10 years ago and that was a rental car. And before that, maybe 30 years ago. So I guess there is not much to sweat.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone driving a GV80 Prestige trim in beautifiul NC seem to have had a problem that I am hearing quite a few owners are experiencing. Rear Differential issues, actually had to get mine replaced as have many others.. Have read on other forums that a lot of folks are going thru this. Humming noise when you press gas on or off low speeds, problem is how they are handling parts. Had my car in shop for 3 weeks! Don't leave your GV80 with dealer until they tell you they have parts in hands! Korea to CA ship time on parts was pretty quick about a week . Once in CA warehouse that's where the problem got worse. CA has a standard way to ship parts to East coast instead of shipping 2-3 days like a German brand would do on a new model they put the parts on a truck that took 8 days to get to dealer. Not the way to build a brand ! With all that said I still think the vehicle is outstanding and I absolutely love it! It's the internal process of Genesis that has some kinks. Hope they can get there act together Genesis cars are really well designed.
Hi JCGV80,
I saw your post dating back to SEP 29, 2021 regarding the replacement of your differential. I believe I have the same issue with my 2021 GV80 3.5T Prestige. I'm looking to speak with another 2021 GV80 owner about their experience with this issue. As a new member, I am unable to send you a private message. Would you be willing to have a phone conversation?
Thanks,
RgrrA2021

· Registered
2021 GV80 Prestige
69 Posts
She means Eco in the drive setting (Small knob by center arm rest.). "Dramatic" is way too strong, but you will see a bit better mileage. :)

(EcoBoost is a Ford/Lincoln engine nomenclature)
Ok, just standard ECO mode...i heard ecoboost and immediately thought Ford! I don't get that much better mileage either between the different modes

· Registered
3 Posts
Fuel economy is so bad!!!! Other than that, pretty enjoy it so far.
Ok, just standard ECO mode...i heard ecoboost and immediately thought Ford! I don't get that much better mileage either between the different modes
I just purchased my GV80 a few days ago and was getting 12 - 13.7 MPG and was not happy!! I called the service dept at the dealership and they said to put in eco mode. I thought this was nothing but BS but after doing this, my MPG went up and is now fluctuating between 18 and 20 MPG, which is a 30% plus increase and is pretty dramatic to me. Even the service guy was surprised. To change this, go into settings, select vehicle, then drive mode and then custom. Change to ECO in powertrain (I also changed it in AWD mode). I've only driven about 50 miles in eco mode and tomorrow filling up tank to get an exact MPG. Good luck!

· Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased my GV80 a few days ago and was getting 12 - 13.7 MPG and was not happy!! I called the service dept at the dealership and they said to put in eco mode. I thought this was nothing but BS but after doing this, my MPG went up and is now fluctuating between 18 and 20 MPG, which is a 30% plus increase and is pretty dramatic to me. Even the service guy was surprised. To change this, go into settings, select vehicle, then drive mode and then custom. Change to ECO in powertrain (I also changed it in AWD mode). I've only driven about 50 miles in eco mode and tomorrow filling up tank to get an exact MPG. Good luck!
one more thing.....I have a 2023 2.5T Prestige. Prior to changing to eco it was in comfort mode.

101 - 112 of 112 Posts