Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
My GV80 2.5 T has many software glitches…
Navigation system…always unavailable
Apple CarPlay…won’t connect via cable
Lane change assist…fault message
Font & side sensor falsely detecting when nothing is there
All cameras come on after backing out of parking space and continue to stay on for awhile while driving
Only 4000 miles and wondering if more issues to come
This is my 2nd genesis I’ve owned…Genesis is not a reputable luxury brand…service is substandard and think this brand will struggle to convince buyers to buy Genesis brand….just an over priced Hyundai
This may be a GPS issue, I was getting route unavailable but it's working again so perhaps the GPS was unable to link to the car at the time.

Is it plugged into the leftmost plug? it's the only one that connects the phone to the infotainment screen.
Is it an Apple cable? Maybe try that.

Are you putting the blinker to position B and holding it there until the side marker turns green on the dash? If you put the blinker all the way on it doesn't work. If you turn the steering wheel at all it stops it from working.

Look to see if there is a Ford F150 near you. They set the cameras off notoriously.

All cameras come on after backing out of parking space and continue to stay on for awhile while driving
Cameras are set to work until you get to 9 mph going forward before they turn off.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are you putting the blinker to position B and holding it there until the side marker turns green on the dash? If you put the blinker all the way on it doesn't work. If you turn the steering wheel at all it stops it from working.
I find this very hard to use as I still look over my shoulder to make sure it's clear. When I do that I must turn the wheel just enough to register as it always cancels due to steering imput.(direction does not change)
Sorry but I can't change lanes and just trust technology that I'm not going to hit something.

·
Registered
2021 GV80 Prestige
47 Posts
My GV80 2.5 T has many software glitches…
Only 4000 miles and wondering if more issues to come
This is my 2nd genesis I’ve owned…Genesis is not a reputable luxury brand…service is substandard and think this brand will struggle to convince buyers to buy Genesis brand….just an over priced Hyundai
I can speak to a few of these, I have a 2021 GV80 3.5 Prestige (5100 miles):
Carplay - while i use AA, i had the same issue, until I went with a real hig quality data cable that was on 1' long
Sensor issue - Alot of people have reported this, incl me, and it seems to have to do with cross talk with other newer cars (I have always found it to be a new Ford) that is nearby
Cameras: yes, they come on and stay on until you hit 10mph (and the sound volume is lowered as well)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anyone have issues with Apple CarPlay randomly disconnecting and then reconnecting? It might be my off brand lightning cable but I wanted to see if there was someone else with the same problem. Not seeing it in this thread is a good sign.
Yes, I have been using original apple cables and it keeps disconnecting the apple car play. I have to unplug it and replug and it comes back. Not sure if it is my cable, or phone, or the car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
After about 10K miles I’m getting a front end rattle when driving slow over uneven pavement. (Railroad tracks, pulling in driveway, rough road). Sounds like a cheaply made vehicle after a few years. Not what I paid for.

Was perfectly smooth before that.
Dealership has replaced front end components TWICE, and have been unable to fix the issue. They have said it’s a “known issue” with the GV80.

Not sure what my recourse can be if they can’t fix it?

·
Registered
81 Posts
After about 10K miles I’m getting a front end rattle when driving slow over uneven pavement. (Railroad tracks, pulling in driveway, rough road). Sounds like a cheaply made vehicle after a few years. Not what I paid for.

Was perfectly smooth before that.
Dealership has replaced front end components TWICE, and have been unable to fix the issue. They have said it’s a “known issue” with the GV80.

Not sure what my recourse can be if they can’t fix it?
Are you sure it's in the front end? Sometimes in a car things can echo or seem to be coming from one place when it's actually another. Check your seatbelts, especially behind the driver's seat passenger side. They both have a seatbelt holder to keep the metal part from rattling against the the side panels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are you sure it's in the front end? Sometimes in a car things can echo or seem to be coming from one place when it's actually another. Check your seatbelts, especially behind the driver's seat passenger side. They both have a seatbelt holder to keep the metal part from rattling against the the side panels.
When I ever get my GV80 back (driving a G80 loaner), I'll certainly check all around.

Based on the road conditions and speed when it happens, I certainly tend to lean towards a suspension issue. Everyone at the dealership thought the same when they drove it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
When I ever get my GV80 back (driving a G80 loaner), I'll certainly check all around.

Based on the road conditions and speed when it happens, I certainly tend to lean towards a suspension issue. Everyone at the dealership thought the same when they drove it.
Keep me updated. I'm curious about this. Especially if the techs are replacing front end parts and its not fixing it. Kind of weird that they would be replacing stuff without being sure it's the cause. But I guess they went with a trial and error troubleshooting since they weren't sure. Check the tires too. Had a co-worker who had a bolt stuck inside his tire rattling around when he get to high speeds. It wasn't a GV80 though. Just some older car some years back. You might have something in one of your front tires. Those little balancing weights they put on the tires could have gotten in your front end or your front tire. I'm just guessing though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don’t know enough about cars to relate to what they told me…. But they thought they had it narrowed to the front right strut because they had disconnected the swing arm (?) and the noise went away. Will advise

81 - 90 of 90 Posts