Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just developed a rattle, too, after 2500 miles. It also appears to be coming from the passenger side door. Were you able to identify it, and get it fixed?
I started to hear a ratlle from my passenger side door as well. When I hear it, I reach over and tug on the (inside) door handle towards me and it goes away. Try and see if that works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Af
I just developed a rattle, too, after 2500 miles. It also appears to be coming from the passenger side door. Were you able to identify it, and get it fixed?
After a month of trying to discover the source of the rattle, I finally found it. The rattle is coming from the rear ceiling fabric covering the sun roof over the back seats. For some reason, usually randomly, the loose fabric roof vibrates, creating a slapping or rattle. Rolling back the ceiling to expose the sunroof remedies this noise. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone have radio cutting out? While driving, I often experience 2 of the four speakers(always fronts) cutting out, while the back ones are still operating...it lasts for a good 10 seconds and then comes back on....If I sit in my driveway it doesn't happen, so it must have something to do with the GV moving...If it were the satelite, I'd think the car would go completely quiet.
2nd day dring it!!
Same thing has happened to me maybe about 6 times. I have an apt scheduled to have it looked at. Normally only last 1-2 days. Did you get it fixed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
No not yet. It seems like it might be a slightly loose connection. If it was a slow blow fuse ( which is the closest example I have experienced) it would have blown by now. And a loose wire would have also gotten looser. Ive considered that its a sirius problem but. I don't think its is. I haven't contacted the dealer he's 3 hours away so I was hoping that someone had dealt with it. Its not all the time nut its happening still. Only 2 months old but it started the 2nd day I got it. Its annoying as **** but I can kinda live with it for now. But when I go in for 1st service it will be addressed if it stays intermittant
Hey I'm wondering if they found the problem. It's definitely not sirius because it happens to me while playing music from my phone and even fm radio. My front 2 doors and the speaker behind the screen on the front dashboard cuts out. It's intermittent for me and annoys the **** out of me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My new GV80's navigation can't find my home's address or half the destination addresses I type in, so I find myself punching in something nearby that it DOES recognize or just giving up and using Waze or Maps on my phone. How do we update the navigation on the GV80?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Same thing has happened to me maybe about 6 times. I have an apt scheduled to have it looked at. Normally only last 1-2 days. Did you get it fixed?
Someone said to check the "Quiet mode" in the radio settings. Based on my research on the GV80. That setting turns off some speakers when the mode is set to activate. It's for when there's a sleeping child or other person in the car. It lowers the audio and turn off some speakers.

"...Under the Sound settings, there are many things checked for the volume to go down. ie: volume down when you put on the turn signal, volume down when you reverse, etc. Go to this section and turn them off."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Someone said to check the "Quiet mode" in the radio settings. Based on my research on the GV80. That setting turns off some speakers when the mode is set to activate. It's for when there's a sleeping child or other person in the car. It lowers the audio and turn off some speakers.

"...Under the Sound settings, there are many things checked for the volume to go down. ie: volume down when you put on the turn signal, volume down when you reverse, etc. Go to this section and turn them off."
Yeah its definitely not on quite mode... that only allows the volume to go max 10. I'm getting constant cutting in and out regardless of if I'm stopped or driving and bluetooth or radio/sirius.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah its definitely not on quite mode... that only allows the volume to go max 10. I'm getting constant cutting in and out regardless of if I'm stopped or driving and bluetooth or radio/sirius.
I read a post somewhere on another forum with the same issue and the guy said Genesis replaced his amp which fixed the issue and also the audio system sounds even better. Given that info, it does makes sense that it could be the amp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I read a post somewhere on another forum with the same issue and the guy said Genesis replaced his amp which fixed the issue and also the audio system sounds even better. Given that info, it does makes sense that it could be the amp.
Interesting. I have an apt scheduled next week. I found the front speakers only cut out when the cars navigation is being used.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone have radio cutting out? While driving, I often experience 2 of the four speakers(always fronts) cutting out, while the back ones are still operating...it lasts for a good 10 seconds and then comes back on....If I sit in my driveway it doesn't happen, so it must have something to do with the GV moving...If it were the satelite, I'd think the car would go completely quiet.
2nd day dring it!!
This happened to me and I found that I had route guidance turned on but the volume on 0. So when it gives directions it only uses a couple speaks and does not interupt the music for the whole car. There are several alerts that could have the volume turned down. I would check there

·
Registered
5 Posts
This happened to me and I found that I had route guidance turned on but the volume on 0. So when it gives directions it only uses a couple speaks and does not interupt the music for the whole car. There are several alerts that could have the volume turned down. I would check there
After taking it to the dealer that's exactly what they told me. I thought I had my navigation muted but it was on 0.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My new GV80's navigation can't find my home's address or half the destination addresses I type in, so I find myself punching in something nearby that it DOES recognize or just giving up and using Waze or Maps on my phone. How do we update the navigation on the GV80?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the exact same problem. From day 1 my GV80 will not find anything when I enter an actual address. But if I know the name of of the place and type it into the search, the navigation finds it almost every time. Odder still is that once I find it, and then again enter the address instead of the name, it says nothing found. **** frustrating and I'm finding myself using my iPhone instead of the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the exact same problem. From day 1 my GV80 will not find anything when I enter an actual address. But if I know the name of of the place and type it into the search, the navigation finds it almost every time. Odder still is that once I find it, and then again enter the address instead of the name, it says nothing found. **** frustrating and I'm finding myself using my iPhone instead of the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone driving a GV80 Prestige trim in beautifiul NC seem to have had a problem that I am hearing quite a few owners are experiencing. Rear Differential issues, actually had to get mine replaced as have many others.. Have read on other forums that a lot of folks are going thru this. Humming noise when you press gas on or off low speeds, problem is how they are handling parts. Had my car in shop for 3 weeks! Don't leave your GV80 with dealer until they tell you they have parts in hands! Korea to CA ship time on parts was pretty quick about a week . Once in CA warehouse that's where the problem got worse. CA has a standard way to ship parts to East coast instead of shipping 2-3 days like a German brand would do on a new model they put the parts on a truck that took 8 days to get to dealer. Not the way to build a brand ! With all that said I still think the vehicle is outstanding and I absolutely love it! It's the internal process of Genesis that has some kinks. Hope they can get there act together Genesis cars are really well designed.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts