Genesis GV70 Forum & GV80 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have problem or heard of problems with "engine control computer"? Purchased a 2021 GV-80 3.5T Prestige - Gold Coast Silver. At 5,155 miles had to have towed to Genesis dealer. Currently in dealer shop, 16 days and counting. Local Techs and Genesis headquarters stated this "engine control computer complete failure" is a first known failure identified with this control system. However, they're still not sure this is the real issue. Genesis technical has contacted me for further information on symptoms - rough idle, high level of engine vibration, no power, max speed approx. 15 mph. Parts on backorder, soonest parts delivery is an additional 30 days, maybe.

Loved the GV-80, but now have long-term trust/reliability concerns. Anyone else?
Update on our GV-80 "engine control Computer" issue:
After breaking down in late April 2021 with 5,155 miles, several repair attempts, in-person visits from Genesis Engineering (both U.S. and South Korean), it was decided that they did not know what was causing the issue with our 2021 3.5 Prestige GV-80. They voluntarily placed the vehicle in the State Lemon Law program, and consented to replace it at no cost to us. We were due delivery in June of a replacement 2021 3.5 Prestige GV-80. Due to the parts, COVID and delivery chain issues, we are now scheduled to get our replacement vehicle in March 2022. It will be a 2022. With the exception of the delivery delays, Hyundai / Genesis has been very good to work with, including providing us a new GV-80 base model to drive for the past 8 months.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any experiencing issues with the Wireless Phone Charging System? I have a Samsung S21 Plus that will not charge in the GV 80 Wireless Charger. Would be interested to hear from owners of S21 and GV 80 having the same issue.
Have you tried without a case? My S21 charges fine, but I have other issues with it. Had to clear the Bluetooth cache on the phone in order to get it to download my contacts. The other issue I have been having is with the digital key not working.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have had my 2022 for 2 weeks and have no traffic data on the map. The HD Data shows no data services available, anyone know if there is a fix or am I missing something?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, that seems silly - only traffic with Nav? Genesis is assuming that I need NAV every time I drive. My brother has a 2022 Optima Prestige and his traffic appears on the map (no NAV). The 2019 Lincoln I traded in on this GV80 had traffic on the map (no nav). You would think a vehicle that is considered luxury would have features lesser vehicles have.

Not a very good 'feature' - thanks for the reply

·
Registered
2021 Genesis GV80 3.5T AWD Advanced Plus
137 Posts
Well, that seems silly - only traffic with Nav? Genesis is assuming that I need NAV every time I drive. My brother has a 2022 Optima Prestige and his traffic appears on the map (no NAV). The 2019 Lincoln I traded in on this GV80 had traffic on the map (no nav). You would think a vehicle that is considered luxury would have features lesser vehicles have.

Totally agree with you. I seldom use Navigation, and when I do, it is more than likely through Waze in CarPlay.

·
Registered
28 Posts

But if the car does not know where you are going, how can it tell you the traffic ahead?

·
Registered
49 Posts
My main issue is the blind spot alert is signaled (in the side view mirror and dash) when a car is a full car length behind me...that’s too far. And because the alert is triggered , the car will buzz and warn as though I’m going hit something even though I’m safely changing lanes, which is distracting and a false alarm. I’ve driven many cars with blind spot alert , and never had one trigger unless a car was really in your blind spot. As far as I can tell, this is not configurable.
If you're saying you're changing lanes with only 1 car length gap to the following car then I'm going to have to question your definition of 'safely changing lanes'.
Seems like it's doing what it's supposed to do to prevent you from doing what you apparently do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
A lot of automakers don't include a spare by default these days.
Instead give you a patch kit and a roadside assistance subscription.

What is your real world range like compared to the original EPA-estimated numbers?
Agree! Lots of terrible gas mileage comments; please expound on what you feel you're getting MPG vs what advertised!?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My first tank of gas I got 353 miles the computer said I average 12.2 miles per gallon almost all City I cannot believe that's accurate. Put 18 gallons in it when I filled it up so that's closer to it 19 miles per gallon
So the electronics are not working correctly; that is not good sign on something so basic!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone have radio cutting out? While driving, I often experience 2 of the four speakers(always fronts) cutting out, while the back ones are still operating...it lasts for a good 10 seconds and then comes back on....If I sit in my driveway it doesn't happen, so it must have something to do with the GV moving...If it were the satelite, I'd think the car would go completely quiet.
2nd day dring it!!
Did you get any resolution on radio cutting out?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey I'm wondering if they found the problem. It's definitely not sirius because it happens to me while playing music from my phone and even fm radio. My front 2 doors and the speaker behind the screen on the front dashboard cuts out. It's intermittent for me and annoys the **** out of me.
did you try settings and turning off the Volume down feature when using turn signals??

·
Registered
11 Posts
This happened to me and I found that I had route guidance turned on but the volume on 0. So when it gives directions it only uses a couple speaks and does not interupt the music for the whole car. There are several alerts that could have the volume turned down. I would check there
excellent advice; thanks!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update on our GV-80 "engine control Computer" issue:
After breaking down in late April 2021 with 5,155 miles, several repair attempts, in-person visits from Genesis Engineering (both U.S. and South Korean), it was decided that they did not know what was causing the issue with our 2021 3.5 Prestige GV-80. They voluntarily placed the vehicle in the State Lemon Law program, and consented to replace it at no cost to us. We were due delivery in June of a replacement 2021 3.5 Prestige GV-80. Due to the parts, COVID and delivery chain issues, we are now scheduled to get our replacement vehicle in March 2022. It will be a 2022. With the exception of the delivery delays, Hyundai / Genesis has been very good to work with, including providing us a new GV-80 base model to drive for the past 8 months.
wow! you're the first i've read that was taken care of properly under the lemon law! I've read some egregious service issues esp in 1st model year 2021 GV80 that should have had car replace having in service more than use after purchase. I have oppt for Prestige Signature (Apr 2022) but i'm scared to death of service and problems vs a Lexus.

·
Registered
11 Posts

totally agree!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My GV80 2.5 T has many software glitches…
Navigation system…always unavailable
Apple CarPlay…won’t connect via cable
Lane change assist…fault message
Font & side sensor falsely detecting when nothing is there
All cameras come on after backing out of parking space and continue to stay on for awhile while driving
Only 4000 miles and wondering if more issues to come
This is my 2nd genesis I’ve owned…Genesis is not a reputable luxury brand…service is substandard and think this brand will struggle to convince buyers to buy Genesis brand….just an over priced Hyundai

·
Registered
2 Posts
But if the car does not know where you are going, how can it tell you the traffic ahead?
It would not just show the traffic ahead of you but traffic in your area. Many car have had this ability for years. It's nice to be able to see where the traffic jams are without entering a destination. I would think a software update could take care of this since the traffic info. is already in the system.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts